By Noell K. Wolfgram Evans
those proficient artists are divided into numerous classifications: Idealists (Art Babbitt, John Hubley); Mavericks (John Kricfalusi, Terry Gilliam); Technicians (the Fleischer Brothers); affects (Frank Tashlin, Matt Groening, Ray Harryhausen, Ed Benedict); Trailblazers (Lotte Rieniger, Lillian Friedman); Teller of stories (Henry Selick); academics (George Newall, Tom Yohe, the FMPU); and Storytellers (Joe furnish, invoice Scott, Michael Maltese). each one animator is represented through an inventory of his or her key movies and awards.
Read Online or Download Animators of Film and Television: Nineteen Artists, Writers, Producers and Others PDF
Similar tv arts & entertainment books
This publication is set the techniques of globalization, established via a comparative examine of 3 tv case histories in Asia. additionally illustrated are diversified methods to delivering tv prone on the earth: public provider (NHK in Japan), country (CCTV in China) and advertisement (STAR television, dependent in Hong Kong).
The Wire’s provocative subject material, layered narrative and specific opinions of yankee socio-economic associations make it the most teachable tv sequence lately. This number of new essays deals sensible examples for imposing The twine within the collage lecture room as a cultural textual content to interact scholars in serious and inventive inquiry.
There are a few 2 hundred television markets within the nation, yet purely one—Boston, Massachusetts—hosted a Golden Age of neighborhood programming. during this energetic insider account, Terry Ann Knopf chronicles the improvement of Boston tv, from its origins within the Seventies via its decline within the early Nineties. in the course of TV’s heyday, not just was once Boston the nation’s chief in in the neighborhood produced information, programming, and public affairs, however it additionally grew to become a version for different neighborhood stations round the nation.
El Chavo del Ocho is without doubt one of the so much influential items of pop culture to have hit Latin the United States within the final 50 years, having, on the height of its reputation within the mid-1970s, reached an approximate viewers of 350 million around the Americas. it's also a unprecedented instance of a cultural product that has travelled via Latin the USA, leaving an enduring influence for numerous many years.
- The Spectral Metaphor: Living Ghosts and the Agency of Invisibility
- Kultivierung in Serie: Kulturelle Adaptionsstrategien von fiktionalen Fernsehserien (Marburger Schriften zur Medienforschung 34) (German Edition)
- Gender, Violence and Popular Culture: Telling Stories (Popular Culture and World Politics)
- Mickey Rooney: A Show Business Life
- Spinning Laughter: Profiles of 111 Proposed Comedy Spin-offs and Sequels that Never Became a Series
- The Antihero in American Television (Routledge Advances in Television Studies)
Additional info for Animators of Film and Television: Nineteen Artists, Writers, Producers and Others
- A Voyage to Spitzbergen by John Laing
- Dark Matter of the Mind: The Culturally Articulated by Daniel L. Everett