By Jonathan Bignell
In this accomplished textbook, now up-to-date for its 3rd variation, Jonathan Bignell offers scholars with a framework for figuring out the major ideas and major techniques to tv experiences, together with viewers learn, tv heritage and broadcasting coverage, and the analytical examine of person programmes.
- a word list of key terms
- key phrases outlined in margins
- suggestions for additional reading
- activities/assignments to be used in school
New and up-to-date case stories feature:
- ‘Every domestic wishes a Harvey’ ad
- approaches to information reporting
- television scheduling
- CSI Crime Scene Investigation
- animated comic strip series
Individual chapters tackle: learning tv, tv histories, tv cultures, tv texts and narratives, tv genres and codecs, tv creation, tv and caliber, tv realities, tv you can’t see, tv audiences, past television.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Television Studies PDF
Similar tv arts & entertainment books
This publication is ready the methods of globalization, tested via a comparative learn of 3 tv case histories in Asia. additionally illustrated are various ways to supplying tv providers on the planet: public provider (NHK in Japan), country (CCTV in China) and advertisement (STAR television, dependent in Hong Kong).
The Wire’s provocative material, layered narrative and particular opinions of yank socio-economic associations make it the most teachable tv sequence in recent times. This choice of new essays bargains sensible examples for enforcing The twine within the collage lecture room as a cultural textual content to interact scholars in serious and inventive inquiry.
There are a few 2 hundred television markets within the nation, yet purely one—Boston, Massachusetts—hosted a Golden Age of neighborhood programming. during this full of life insider account, Terry Ann Knopf chronicles the improvement of Boston tv, from its origins within the Nineteen Seventies via its decline within the early Nineteen Nineties. in the course of TV’s heyday, not just was once Boston the nation’s chief in in the community produced information, programming, and public affairs, however it additionally grew to become a version for different neighborhood stations round the nation.
El Chavo del Ocho is likely one of the such a lot influential items of pop culture to have hit Latin the US within the final 50 years, having, on the height of its acceptance within the mid-1970s, reached an approximate viewers of 350 million around the Americas. it's also a unprecedented instance of a cultural product that has travelled via Latin the USA, leaving a long-lasting effect for a number of many years.
- Screening the Mafia: Masculinity, Ethnicity and Mobsters from The Godfather to The Sopranos
- Superman on Film, Television, Radio and Broadway
- Writing for Visual Media
- Scripted Affects, Branded Selves: Television, Subjectivity, and Capitalism in 1990s Japan
Additional info for An Introduction to Television Studies
- A Woman's Right to Culture: Toward Gendered Cultural Rights by Linda L. Veazey,Alison Dundes Renteln
- Fædra Brudstykker af et Livs Historie (Danish Edition) by Herman, 1857-1912 Bang